Thursday, October 19, 2006

Evangelical Churches Launch New Mid-term Election Gay Marriage Campaign

It poured forth from Boston on closed circuit Television this past Sunday evening, an effort by evangelical church leaders to unify their congregations behind Republican candidates for Senate and Congress. I’ve looked for news about it on line, Googeling it, and doing other searches as well, and can find nothing. This National Gay and Lesbian Task Force article is the closest I’ve come to locating anything about this particular new campaigne.

So, I Will Rant and Rave at evangelicals One More Time.



I’M TIRED OF BEING A POLITICAL PAWN! IT’S NOT ABOUT POLITICS YOU BIGOTED PREPARERS OF THE WAY FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST! IT’S ABOUT YOUR MORALITY. IF THE ACTUAL JESUS CHRIST WERE ON THIS EARTH TODAY, HE WOULD BE IN YOUR TEMPLES UPSETTING THE TABLES – GET THE METAPHOR – AND SHOUTING AT THE MONEY MONGERING PREACHERS.

AND, YOU WOULD CRUCIFY HIM A SECOND TIME.

There, I’ve said it. No, I’ve screamed it. It is time, folks. It is time to draw the line. It is time to call a bigot a bigot! I’m tired of being used and abused by these religious fanatics. I’m tired of being relegated to second-class citizenship. I’m tired of the evangelical’s willful ignorance concerning the New Testament message as witnessed by the disciples, and Mary Magdalene in which Jesus Christ declared that God loves us all, each and every one. I’ll not countenance evangelical refutation of this truth. I’ll not countenance evangelical manipulation of language such as “love the sinner, hate the sin,” I’ll not countenance his/her politics. I’ll no longer countenance misplaced interference in the business of the state by evangelical churches.

A corollary to the fact that Evangelicals are bigots

The Democratic Party is political, and therefore by definition, not moral. I do not expect it to take a stance against evangelical Christians, or for GLBT people. It cannot and it will not. The evangelical churches will continue to vilify GLBT people, The states will continue to outlaw our families, and some LGBT people will continue to die in hate crimes nationally. If we expect to be recognized as equal in they eyes of the law, these states and the federal government, we will have to fight for it on our own.

All GLBT people should be donating their time and money to GLBT organizations. Each of us can help fight this juggernaut of a movement by contacting one or more of the following and contributing. I must caution that this is only a partial list. A complete list can be found at Outfront Minnisota.

1. The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
2. Lambda Legal
3. Human Rights Campaigne
4. Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network
5. GLBT National Help Center
6. Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home